Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wes Anderson Film Festival
























Leave it to AAU grad student Alex Cornell to design a brilliant set of promotional material for a hypothetical Wes Anderson Film Festival that, to be quite honest, we all wished for annually. Cornell's vast collection of materials has a gorgeous simplicity that blends witty text with heartbreaking imagery and composition. Even more amazing is the sheer vastness of Cornell's materials - he's designed everything from festival posters ("I Thought I Loved You...") to vinyl covers ("I Should Probably Try Harder...") to the actual festival tickets. He even went so far as to create a very Anderson-esque trailer. Hopefully, Mr. Anderson himself will bite on this concept and start such a festival for all our sakes. And, even more hopefully (and rather personally), there will be a poster with the following: "You never gave me the time of day til I started getting good reviews." [via BOOOOOOOM!]